Friday, April 17, 2009

Stauffer Family Vacation

Guess what we did for our FAMILY VACATION!
My Mother in Law JANENE took us all on a 7 day cruise to the CARIBEAN. It was so fun and a very nice break from the normal routine of daily life. We visited JAMAICA where we did a little BOB SLEDDING, TREE SWINGING and WATER SLIDING. It was all fun, but my favorite part was the WATER SLIDE. They don't have all the silly rules in JAMAICA like we have in UTAH and so JESSIE, ARIN, DEVIN and I were having a blast trying to catch up with each other on the slide and making trains and going down. TORY took pictures he's not much for FUN in the cool water!This is our view of the ocean on our way up to our little Adventure.



This is a picture of Jesse, Tory and Me on our way up the lift.




The cute couple on the Right is Arin and Devin, on the way up for fun.



This is the HARNESS we wore that carried us from tree top to tree top.
And this is the SCARIEST part of the whole thing. It was a straight drop down from one tree to another. We were all a little AFRAID of this drop.

Our next stop was Grand Cayman. Here we decided that we would SNUBA with STINGRAYS. Sounds FUN, but it is actually a LOT scary to me. I have some weird PHOBIA of large water creatures touching me especially my FEET. When I go boating, (no matter where) I like to always have my toes up out of the water so that little fish or SHARKS don't bite them. I tend to hear the JAWS theme song in my head and PANIC. Anyway a similar thing happened when I got under the water with weights hooked around my waste lowering me to the bottom and seeing a whole school of STINGRAYS coming from multiple directions. I'm not talking little stingwrays, I'm talking HUGE Stingrays. Needless to say I spent a lot of time trying to stay as far away from them as possible without having to get out of the water. It was FUN, but, I don't think I would do it with Stingrays again. Sorry No pictures for this part of the cruise.

Our next stop was COZAMEL. We went to PLAYIA MIA, a beautiful beach with lots of fun stuff to do. Para Sailing, Snorkeling, Water trampoline, paddle boats, Water Rock Climbing and more that I can't think of . We spent the day on the beach soaking up some rays, eating Mexican food and floating in the Ocean. Very FUN and RELAXING.

This is a picture of the beach and our lounge chairs.




This is a picture of Tory and I at Playia Mia.





This is Kurtis, Jesse, Devin and Arin's back still at Playia Mia.

We had dinner at the same table with the same Waiter every night. A couple NIGHTS we got to dress up for DINNER which was fun. We also celebrated KURTIS'S Birhday. It was so FUN and we got to eat a lot of WONDERFUL food.




The BOYS on one of the DRESS up Nights. LOOKING good MEN!Janene and Kurtis on his birhday.Tory and I on a Dress up Night.Arin and Devin on one of the DRESS up nights. CUTE Couple.

The only BAD thing about the whole vacation is that we had to leave BRANIK at home with Grandma and Grandpa Woods. A cruise is definately not the thing for an 11 month to do. It was sad for us cause we MISSED him, but good for BRANIK because he got spoiled and had a BLAST. I don't know if he even noticed we were GONE! We had a lot of fun on the CRUISE but are happy to be home once again with our SON.



THANKS JANENE & KURTIS IT WAS A BLAST!

3 comments:

The Hicken's said...

So fun! I looks like you had a blast.

Blake and Jessica said...

I'm jealous, oh so jealous. We did that cruise with our friends two years ago and it was a freakin riot. It would suck to leave your child, but I would do it to and probably not think twice.

Chamberlains said...

I totally didn't know you went on a cruise! Jealous! I keep wanting to do something like that but haven't left Eden that long either. Hard!