This is what I did today while Branik took his morning nap. They started out like this in a plastic container (of course there were more of them).

Then I washed them, cut the stems off and cut them in half. Next I crushed/pureed them in the food processer and measured out 8 cups.

Then you mix some pectin (2 Boxs) in it and let it sit 30 min. stirring every 5. Then add Karol Syrup (1 Cup, helps keep it from crystalizing) and lots of sugar (9 Cups) I know it's a lot and I even left out a cup which it said to absolutely not do. Oh well, Rules were made to be broken. Stir in the sugar until it seems disolved.

After all that is done I poured them into my handy dandy plastic Ball containers and then you let them sit 24 hours at room temp. to make sure all the sugar disolves then put them in your freezer. Pull one out and put it in the fridge when ready to use. They last 1 year in the freezer. Whala delicious, easy, freezer strawberry jam.
2 comments:
Freezer jam is my favorite! I even made plum one year and we all really like it. You're making my mouth water!
That sounds so yummy right now. I need to make some. I'm impressed that Branik sleeps long enough for you to accomplish anything like that. I'm envious.
Post a Comment