A week ago while at work, I had an experience that made me start thinking about different things I'd like to work on this year. Of course I had already thought about it like all people do around the start of a new year, but I couldn't think of anything besides the SAME OLD things that we all want to work on........ EXERCISING MORE an easy one to accomplish since I haven't done one little bit of exercise since I was fourth months pregnant over a year ago. Being a BETTER WIFE for my husband. It's hard sometimes my mind goes fifty miles an hour with different things that I want done and the list gets longer and longer and I forget that I haven't mentioned anything out loud and I don't understand why Tory isn't helping me to get some of the stuff done. OOPS better work on that. SPENDING MORE TIME PLAYING WITH BRANIK and less time worrying if the house is clean, dishes are done clothes are washed, and beds are made. The other day while trying to get my DISHES done BRANIK started fussing I said just give me a few more minutes SON. Then the idea came to me that not only does he not understand what I just said to him, if he did he wouldn't care if the house was clean he just wanted his MOM to give him some attention and stop paying attention to the dishes. Children grow up so fast I've watched BRANIK morph from baby to young child right before my eyes. It seems he's doing something new or different every other day, and I don't want to miss any of it just to clean clean and then clean again. I would like to BECOME CLOSER TO MY HEAVENLY FATHER. I will do this by maybe teaching a lesson in TORY and MY sunday school class (I'm glad Tory doesn't read this.) Attending the TEMPLE regularly. And READING my scriptures and PRAYING daily. Lastly I would like to STOP DRAGGING ON NEGATIVE FEELINGS. This is the one that made me decide to make some resolutions in the first place. I had had a bad experience at work, one where of course I was in the right and someone else was in the wrong. Anyway I kept thinking about the experience over and over again. I couldn't wait to get home and tell Tory about it. I couldn't wait to tell other girls at work about it. Then I realized if I just let it go and stop talking about it, then I would stop getting worked up over and over again. All you women out there know what I'm talking about someone does something that you let make you mad and then you just keep telling people about it instead of getting mad once, you get mad everytime you tell it again. I've decided that I'm going to work on not doing this this year. Tory will be sad because he loves all the gossip, but I think he'll deal with it.
14 years ago










5 comments:
I love this post! I think these are things ALL MOMs need to work on. It is difficult to find the balance between mom/wife/housekeeper/worker/cook/taxi/secretary/....the list goes on and on! Thank you for the reminder and motivation to work on finding that perfect balance!
Those are way good ideas. I need to work on some of that too. Sometimes when I am rocking Boston or singing a song to Riley before she goes to bed I think about how fast they are growing and I need to pay more attention to them. It all happens so fast. So I think that being a better mom is a good one for me too. Thank you so much for the reminder! I needed it bad.
Good ideas! I have made similar resolutions, one that includes not getting pregnant in 2009 :o) haha. I also wish you'd stop blogging about you and I fighting at work. :p
Good Luck with your Resolutions! I totally suck at keeping resolutions. I have no will power. Sorry about your bad work experience. That is one thing I love about working in the float pool twice a month. I don't really have "good" friends at work, so I don't have anyone to get in disagreements with. I only see these people once every couple weeks. It makes things easier that way, but I do miss all my old work friends from Mckay.
You're so awesome. Thanks for the motivation!
Post a Comment